Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Livin' the Dream





The dream:
I’m at an old friend’s house and she has a bunch of new friends that are way cooler and way more attractive than me. They’re super sarcastic, and they’re all giving me a merciless amount of shit about all the things I’m most insecure about.
 
When the alarm goes off:
I suddenly have all the perfect comebacks, but those people have all ceased to exist.

The dream:
I’m arguing with my parents in their kitchen and I’m super hungry. I’m tearing apart all the cabinets trying to find something to eat. In the back of the pantry there’s this awesome looking cinnamon coffee cake with a brown sugar and walnut streusel.

When the alarm goes off:
I’m just about to take a bite.

The dream:
I’m driving home from work on the same trucking route that I use every day. When I take a sharp turn my steering gets wobbly, and it becomes apparent that my wheels are falling off.

When the alarm goes off:
I’m relieved that I don’t have to bother with a tow truck, but later that night when I’m exhausted after a long shift and I’m driving home on that same road, I keep remembering that dream and I get paranoid.


--Beck Kilkenny

No comments:

Post a Comment